NIHILISTIC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NIHILISTIC

Support the depths of the underground!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Yet more Low Lifeness

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rusty

Rusty

Yet more Low Lifeness Empty
PostSubject: Yet more Low Lifeness   Yet more Low Lifeness EmptySun 21 Oct - 1:49

I know the rip off section is primarily for disc traders but I thought I should bring this to anyone's attention that is thinking about touring eastern Canada:

Last night Super Destroyer played with The Motor League and C'Mon at Vixens and to say it was a gong show of epic proportions would be an understatement.
As usual the bar refused to allow any of their equipment to be used (they save that for the six fuckin' inbreds that do karaoke there every night) nor did they give the band drink tickets. This is nothing new for that shithole but last night they reached an all-time low. Here's the lowdown from 3 different individuals that were there:
Johnny (guitar player for Super Destroyer):
It was a noise complaint that most likely came from the apartment building across the street. The cop that showed up was a fucking asshole on top of that. When the cop was asked how many fines they issued during the harvest jazz and blues festival he responded with "None, but maybe if you had better music in here....". Cocksucker.

The bands that have played there in the past know that the bar does absolutely nothing for the bands. Anyone that has gone to a show there knows that they try to shortchange the customers on every drink. I saw them try to charge someone $17 dollars for a beer last night by giving change for a 5 when the customer paid with a 20. I heard more than a few people complain about the bar trying to shortchange them so they're either trying to rip off the customers or they're too fuckin' stupid to make change.
The night ended with the bar owner refusing to pay out money that they agreed to earlier and then telling everyone to "get the fuck out" of her bar while she called them every name in the book. She is totally unprofessional, rude and showed absolutely zero appreciation to the band that filled her shitty bar on a Wednesday night.

Brian (who co-promoted the show with Remy):
As vixens will not let anyone use gear or provide any gear they have agreements with some promoters to give a set amount of dollars to pay for sound and sound guys etc. Well the cops showed up and wanted the show to be turned down. Its rock N roll in a business district of fredericton. These issues are the bars problem from my point of view not the bands or the promoters. If they have these issues they should not book shows. They got a fine and refused to live up to there end of the bargin. I asked the bar to have the fine to the bands. When i didnt come back in 5 mins they started freaking at me to give them back the ticket. I told them i would give it back to them after i delt with all the money and explained why they were ripping us off. I tried to talk to the bar owner outside about how they were in a business district and that the fine was not our problem but to no success i came up empty handed.
So Remi had to keep the money to pay for the sound costs etc....so the bands made a hell of a lot less money than they should have. For those of you who know me, you know how i would react to this and I did loose it.
I cant speak for anyone besides myself, but i will never step foot in vixens again.

Ian (Guitarist for C'Mon):
it's ian from c'mon. do not play this place. it's gonna be nothing but a nightmare. last night was one of the worst nights in my 25 years of playing. they wouldn't give us a single drink, they tried to charge for water and were also pulling the fake change trick, both our sound man and drummer got short-changed when buying booze and the bartender played stupid when they asked for the real change. these people should not be trusted. they are mean and only care about themselves. fuck vixen's.
Here's what the bands made that night:
Super Destroyer: zilch
The Motor League: zilch...and they drove from Moncton
C'Mon: $140(far less than their guarentee.)
I'm not one to shoot myself in the foot over a venue (after all I was a staunch supporter of Bugaboos) but this is well over the fuckin' line. Any band that is lookin' to play Fredericton I would strongly encourage you to go through one of the promoters and NOT Vixens cos they're just gonna fuck ya. It may not have been a metal show but I think its more than warranted being mentioned here.
As it stands now, there's been two shows since then at Vixens and both touring acts have been ripped off/fucked over. The one promoter that still deals with that shithole can't understand why no local bands are willing to play there nor why the shows are now poorly attended. Both patrons and bands are boycotting it and are taking their business elsewhere.
Cheers!
Rusty
Back to top Go down
http://www.superdestroyerrocks.com

Yet more Low Lifeness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NIHILISTIC :: MAIN :: RIP OFFs-
Jump to: