NIHILISTIC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NIHILISTIC

Support the depths of the underground!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fake 'live' albums

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
christkum

christkum

Fake 'live' albums Empty
PostSubject: Fake 'live' albums   Fake 'live' albums EmptyWed 6 Jan - 22:38

Are there any bands that play the fake 'live' albums anymore? In the same way as Slayer did Live Undead, they just went in a studio and added some crowd noises over the top. Also there was the Headthrashers Live! LP.
I think the most recent one to have tried this has been Destroyer 666 on the Satanic Speed metal EP, though it wasn't really an attempt to pass it off as 'live'.
Back to top Go down
Tigi

Tigi

Fake 'live' albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake 'live' albums   Fake 'live' albums EmptySat 9 Jan - 12:05

Live Undead was fake? I've listened to it a million times and never ever noticed Shocked where did you get that from?

Last live record i checked out was Suffocation's, it's said to be authentic

ignominious torments

ignominious torments

Fake 'live' albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake 'live' albums   Fake 'live' albums EmptySat 9 Jan - 13:02

Yes it is reported to be fake, I have read it on several US SLAYER fansites. But you're right it is very well done and I didn't noticed it was until I was told.
Back to top Go down
gabalgabow
Admin
gabalgabow

Fake 'live' albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake 'live' albums   Fake 'live' albums EmptySat 9 Jan - 22:39

ignominious torments wrote:
Yes it is reported to be fake, I have read it on several US SLAYER fansites. But you're right it is very well done and I didn't noticed it was until I was told.

I read that several times, also in old magazines from the "time".
I'm not sure if I really listened to this album though

Tigi

Tigi

Fake 'live' albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake 'live' albums   Fake 'live' albums EmptySun 10 Jan - 0:16

that's just weird. I have this bootleg from the Hell Awaits tour, and they're tight as a clock. coming from say, Venom, it wouldn't be too surprising but not Slayer! Rolling Eyes

christkum

christkum

Fake 'live' albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake 'live' albums   Fake 'live' albums EmptyWed 10 Mar - 11:39

I was just listening to the CD version of Asphyx's Last one on Earth, which contains a couple of live bonus tracks recorded while they were on tour in Sweden.
But listening to it, they've stuck on 'sampled' crowd noises! It sounds really absurd! The band is definitely playing live, but it seems like there was too small a crowd to make any noise, so they've added extra samples in to make it appear that there were more people there. (its possible to tell because usually crowds will shout out song titles in between songs, but on this, there's just a unified chanting / clapping.)
I'm going to have to listen to all my 'live' albums to see how many were faked!
Back to top Go down
christkum

christkum

Fake 'live' albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake 'live' albums   Fake 'live' albums EmptyWed 10 Mar - 11:46

Tigi wrote:
Live Undead was fake? I've listened to it a million times and never ever noticed Shocked where did you get that from?

Apparently they made two different recordings in a studio, one of Slayer playing the songs in one take, and another of a 'crowd'. They just collected about 50 people in a room and got them to shout randomly for about 20 minutes. If you listen to the crowd, they are shouting all the way through the songs, the volume is just turned up and down when the song finishes. Compare them to any other live recording, and the noises they make become a bit strange.
Back to top Go down
blackstar

Fake 'live' albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake 'live' albums   Fake 'live' albums EmptyFri 12 Mar - 16:12

Gorgoroth's Live in Grieghallen is live in the sense that it was recorded live in the studio but that's it. And then if you buy a copy now after the split they re-recorded over King's bass lines and Gaah'ls vocal lines so it's not live at all really. Still not a bad album though honestly.
Back to top Go down
Tigi

Tigi

Fake 'live' albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake 'live' albums   Fake 'live' albums EmptySun 21 Mar - 19:46

christkum wrote:
Tigi wrote:

Apparently they made two different recordings in a studio, one of Slayer playing the songs in one take, and another of a 'crowd'. They just collected about 50 people in a room and got them to shout randomly for about 20 minutes. If you listen to the crowd, they are shouting all the way through the songs, the volume is just turned up and down when the song finishes. Compare them to any other live recording, and the noises they make become a bit strange.

if this is true, it's not that random. just listen to the beginning of 'Black Magic'

weird idea, although I can see the advantages in the production department.

Sponsored content

Fake 'live' albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fake 'live' albums   Fake 'live' albums Empty

Back to top Go down

Fake 'live' albums
Page 1 of 1