NIHILISTIC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NIHILISTIC

Support the depths of the underground!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Modern Napalm Death

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
christkum

christkum

Modern Napalm Death Empty
PostSubject: Modern Napalm Death   Modern Napalm Death EmptyWed 6 Jan - 22:43

I've not heard any of Napalm Death newest material, as the last album I heard from them was Enemies of the Music Buisness (an ok album, not something that would be thrown off the shelf, but something that would sit on there for long periods without being listened to...). Have they done anything recently worthwhile? How does their new album fare?
Back to top Go down
ignominious torments

ignominious torments

PostSubject: Re: Modern Napalm Death   Modern Napalm Death EmptyThu 7 Jan - 8:14

I'm a very huge addict to their three first albums.

When I was younger I very liked Order of the Leech and The Code is Red but when time passed I went away from these records, maybe I should listen to them again... I found the sound too much overproduced, maybe..

I think they released something this year, they are quite productive these years, after the album you mention they released at least 4 records.
Back to top Go down
Tigi

Tigi

PostSubject: Re: Modern Napalm Death   Modern Napalm Death EmptySat 9 Jan - 12:07

their 'single' from last year was generic but still quite good, other than that, dunno.

gabalgabow
Admin
gabalgabow

PostSubject: Re: Modern Napalm Death   Modern Napalm Death EmptySat 9 Jan - 22:44

I stopped really listening after "Order of the leech"... Always the same, fewer innovations (They were always doing this kind of death grind bacl then... and I think it's still the same)

I downloaded "smear campaign" by curiosity, and wasn't especially impressed... I think they would beed to insert again new influences or something, maybe they try to stick to much to their "death/ grind" fan base... They need to insert more "original" influences from Indus,/ Hc or newer stuffs they never did...

I remember a time when they were and had always been considered as an innovative band who did what they wanted... Now they more or less do the same stuff, a decent way, but well...

Tigi

Tigi

PostSubject: Re: Modern Napalm Death   Modern Napalm Death EmptySun 10 Jan - 0:18

^
That was long time ago... they probably got a lot of shit for Barney singing clean vocals on Diatribes or whatever album it was.

gabalgabow
Admin
gabalgabow

PostSubject: Re: Modern Napalm Death   Modern Napalm Death EmptySun 10 Jan - 9:21

Tigi wrote:
^
That was long time ago... they probably got a lot of shit for Barney singing clean vocals on Diatribes or whatever album it was.

Wasn't it spoken a dark way, to have some "industrial" vibe?

Diatribes isn't the best from this epoch, I prefered "Inside the torn apart" and "Words from the exit wound"

Tigi

Tigi

PostSubject: Re: Modern Napalm Death   Modern Napalm Death EmptyMon 11 Jan - 21:29

^
from what I remember he sang real notes on a couple lines, but could be wrong... honestly speaking, I don't know much past their early years.

Samizdat

PostSubject: Re: Modern Napalm Death   Modern Napalm Death EmptyThu 14 Jan - 17:15

i dont particularly like anything they did after say 90, dont like their more death metal stuff at all. i mean its decent, but not my cup of tea. their early stuff is amazing though. cant get enough of it.
i saw them live maybe 4 or 5 years ago, i was really glad that they played a lot of early stuff, but it was kind of like watching a cover band play. if i remember right, they played the kill, a song whose writer hasnt been in the band for over a decade at that point..

but more to the point, i havent heard their stuff since enemies of the music industry, and that was bland in my opinion.

Tigi

Tigi

PostSubject: Re: Modern Napalm Death   Modern Napalm Death EmptyThu 14 Jan - 17:25

^
I agree
Scum+FETO = absolutely awesome
Harmony Corruption = boring generic morrisound/triggered sound

I'd give Utopia Banished an ear though.

Samizdat

PostSubject: Re: Modern Napalm Death   Modern Napalm Death EmptyThu 14 Jan - 17:30

Tigi wrote:
^
I agree
Scum+FETO = absolutely awesome
Harmony Corruption = boring generic morrisound/triggered sound

I'd give Utopia Banished an ear though.

agree with you on the album classifications haha.. i really dislike 90s morrisound stuff. or at least what ive heard from there.

i cant remember if i heard utopia banished. ill look into it.

when i got into ND, i wanted the grind sound from them, so for a loooong time, when i was still discovering them, i would look at the release date of an album, and decide whether or not to listen to it just on that, after getting severely burned by harmony corruption (i heard it right after the peel sessions Modern Napalm Death 401200 )
and then a couple years ago started checking out their new stuff. still havent found what im looking for in that haha.

ignominious torments

ignominious torments

PostSubject: Re: Modern Napalm Death   Modern Napalm Death EmptyThu 14 Jan - 17:35

Do you like TERRORIZER World Downfall ?
Back to top Go down
Tigi

Tigi

PostSubject: Re: Modern Napalm Death   Modern Napalm Death EmptyThu 14 Jan - 17:41

Samizdat wrote:

agree with you on the album classifications haha.. i really dislike 90s morrisound stuff. or at least what ive heard from there.

i cant remember if i heard utopia banished. ill look into it.

when i got into ND, i wanted the grind sound from them, so for a loooong time, when i was still discovering them, i would look at the release date of an album, and decide whether or not to listen to it just on that, after getting severely burned by harmony corruption (i heard it right after the peel sessions Modern Napalm Death 401200 )
and then a couple years ago started checking out their new stuff. still havent found what im looking for in that haha.

Vaguely heard that 2006's album (Code is Red i think) was their back-to-the-basics, but you sound like it wasn't that much!

what I know though is that they get shit for pretending to be anti commercial while being on an important indie label. I'm more bothered by the line up changes. Mick Harris had that crazy drumming, Bill Steer had this unique sound, and Lee Dorrian was just as crazy and unique. that's about it for me

Samizdat

PostSubject: Re: Modern Napalm Death   Modern Napalm Death EmptyThu 14 Jan - 17:45

yeah i like that terrorizer album. and most of genocide/repulsion stuff as well.

hmm maybe i mixed up the names of the albums. i though enemies was the back-to-basics one.. either way, that one wasnt anything special. slightly more grindy then their 90s stuff, but still very cookie-cutter death/grind.

i agree on the label vs line-up changes. i couldnt care less what label the band is on, as long as their music remains more or less in the same vein, and they dont completely change their line-ups between albums.
i dont have a favourite line-up of theirs, basically i cant pick between side 1 of scum, and side 2 haha. but i can say that Mick Harris is my favourite drummer of theirs, just for The Peel Sessions. something about the production of these recordings that, well i cant think of anyother grind band that captured that iunno, rawness? engineer-inexperience? whatever it is. IMO that tape has practically perfect grindcore production.

ignominious torments

ignominious torments

PostSubject: Re: Modern Napalm Death   Modern Napalm Death EmptyThu 14 Jan - 18:04

Samizdat wrote:
yeah i like that terrorizer album.
Because the sound on World Downfall and Harmony Corruption is very similar. And I think that Jesse Pintado brought his own approach on NAPALM DEATH on Harmony Corruption. For me this album is very good.

Utopia Banished is decent for me but not as good as their previous stuff, especially because Mick Harris left.

What they did after is shit. I remember the first time I saw "Enemy of the Music Business" it was at the FNAC, a huge "culture" store. haha.

I agree the Peel Sessions with Lee Dorrian are their BEST release : 20 minutes of pure savageness and ferocity.
Back to top Go down
gabalgabow
Admin
gabalgabow

PostSubject: Re: Modern Napalm Death   Modern Napalm Death EmptyThu 14 Jan - 18:16

ignominious torments wrote:

What they did after is shit.

Fear emptiness despair, Inside the torn apart, Words from the exit wound... These albums are still quite good.

If you didn't like Diatribes, try the "Greed killing" MCD. Same epoch, more blast Smile

ignominious torments

ignominious torments

PostSubject: Re: Modern Napalm Death   Modern Napalm Death EmptyThu 14 Jan - 19:03

Ok I should check.

I heard all these stuff a long time ago, but I don't remember them as good stuff. Maybe I should try again... Diabribes is a pure shit record !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Napalm Death   Modern Napalm Death Empty

Back to top Go down

Modern Napalm Death
Page 1 of 1