NIHILISTIC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NIHILISTIC

Support the depths of the underground!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hellhammer speaks about upcomming Mayhem album

Go down 
AuthorMessage
worshipsatanzine

worshipsatanzine

Hellhammer speaks about upcomming Mayhem album Empty
PostSubject: Hellhammer speaks about upcomming Mayhem album   Hellhammer speaks about upcomming Mayhem album EmptyFri 21 Apr - 21:12

MAYHEM Drummer Talks About Upcoming Album - Apr. 21, 2006

Tatiana Godarska of Imhotep webzine recently conducted an interview with MAYHEM drummer Jan Axel Von Blomberg (a.k.a. Hellhammer). A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

Imhotep: If "Grand Declaration of War" was written [from] hearts then explain to me, why did you return with "Chimera" to the style of your first album?

Hellhammer: "Because we wanted to sell more!"

Imhotep: Can I write it like that in the interview?

Hellhammer: "Yes. Now, after some time, we can say we hate this album. Of course, there are particular elements which are great. In the end, it didn't work out even with the sales. Therefore we decided in next record to follow our hearts and to listen to our personal development."

Imhotep: What musical intention will your next album, "Ordo Ab Chao", have?

Hellhammer: "It will be more straightforward, more in-your-face, probably more brutal. Not straightforward in the meaning of simpler. On the contrary, it will contain short songs but more complicated style. . . Recording is planned for September 2006. We didn't decide for any studio yet but it also might be possible that we will use 2-3 studios. When I recorded the drums for DIMMU BORGIR, I liked the sound of the drums in Abyss studio. I am considering using it just for drums."

Imhotep: You also announced that Maniac [vocals] is not in the band anymore and Attila [is] back. What's the story behind it?

Hellhammer: "Maniac stepped out of the band due to his health. He was the one [who] was in the band, then out and then again in the band and again out. We had the possibility to use somebody unknown or also somebody known but why not hunting down Attila again in Hungary?! We have always been in contact with Attila. His voice also experienced some development. It is not exactly Attila from 'De Mysteriis…'."

Back to top Go down
http://skullfuckingmetal.blogspot.com/

Hellhammer speaks about upcomming Mayhem album
Page 1 of 1