NIHILISTIC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NIHILISTIC

Support the depths of the underground!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Usurper interview with Metal Shock (Italy)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
worshipsatanzine

worshipsatanzine

Usurper interview with Metal Shock (Italy) Empty
PostSubject: Usurper interview with Metal Shock (Italy)   Usurper interview with Metal Shock (Italy) EmptySat 13 May - 10:37

Metal Shock - I saw you at the Inferno Festival and let me say that you're very cool. Your music is made to be played live. During "kill for metal" all the people went crazy. Did you enjoy this experience at the Inferno ?

Dan Tyrantor - Thank you so much for the compliments! The Inferno Festival appearancne was absolutely amazing! Fans from all over the world supporting real Metal.
Everytime we play 'Kill for Metal' the crowd goes crazy. Its a song that when you hear it on cd, you think 'yes! this is a song about who I am, and the way I live!' And when you see it played live, all of those people around you are your brothers and sisters in Metal, and youre all feeling part of something special. It's far and above my favourite song to play live.

MS - How many concerts do you play every year?

DT - It depends on what is offered, haha. Before I was in the band, Usurper went on several extended tours with Cradle Of Filth, Manowar, Dark Funeral, etc... Since Ive been here the past 3 years, we have done some mini-tours, one off shows, and festivals. Its not the easiest thing in the world for an underground band like us to get the opportunity to tour as often as we would like.

MS -The new album have been released, let's talk about it for Metal Shock Readers and convince them to buy it.

DT - Well, Cryptobeast actually came out in Janruary of 2005!!!!! It's the most hard hitting and aggressive album the band has ever released. Rick (Scythe, guitars) writes the majority of the music, and he knew that by having me and Joe (returning drummer Apocolyptic Warlord) in the band, he could write whatever the fuck he wanted without limitations, and that we could play it.

MS - You're in the scene since many uears and your discography is wide. Do you want to describe your releases?

DT - The band started 13 years ago with an urge to bring back the true Metal of bands like Slayer, Sodom, Destruction, Celtic Frost, and Venom.... the early albums really reflected this, but I think that Twilight Dominion, and Cryptobeast are really just Usurper albums. They have their own identity without losing the old school influence.

MS - During the concert you talked about rap & metalcore not very well: do you really feel these things or are you acting like Manowar (they curse "the false metal" but they told me they listen to it sometimes) ?

DT - We dont 'act' at all! This scourge that is nu-metal, emo, screamo, shitcore is something we truly despise and would never listen to!!!! We are all about booze, drugs, whores, and the destruction of false metal. The trendwhores and posers need to fuck off and fade away just like every other trend.

MS - Metal themes usually are: free will, refusing the dogma, etc. Meanwhile somebody says: "if you are not into metal you are not friend of mine". Don't you think that phrases like these could be dangerous to 10-15 years old kids? They see you like a sort of idol, you're legends for them, they grow up listening to this phrases and then they could throw some bottles to any nu-metal bands. If think that if a band got the personality and the passion to play its kind of music there's nothing wrong with it. What do you think about?

DT - Hell, I dont want anyone to get hurt. I would rather that the kids coming up these days stay away from the malls, and find out about real Metal on their own. If we start beating the shit out of every kid in a KORN hoodie, we're no better than the rap idiots that shoot each other. Just make the right decision and listen to the real deal, NOT the flavour of the week.

MS - Have you ever thought about evolving your music?

DT - Guh????? We cant even get our bass player to evolve from a chimp into a man!!!!! Look, we play Metal. Its loud, its fast, its drunken, and its raw. Of course we all improve as musicians with time and practice, but we will NEVER stray from the course of our crusade to play what love.

MS - What is Usurper for you? A way for not think about every day life... a way to give vent to your hatred...

DT - Oh, its definitely an escape. We all need to get away from real life bullshit. And 3 times a week when we practice, its just me and my 4 Metal brothers. Playing killer Metal, laughing, drinking, and making fun of each other. And on the road its even better. We are a unit, like an Army plattoon. We all think the same, and would kill for each other. Its the best band in the world to be a part of. Usurper IS my life.

MS - Do you buy any metal record yet? Or do you listen to 80's records only? Is there any new bands do you like most?

DT - Haha, we still all listen to the same stuff we did 15 years ago. As far as newer bands go, I really like Dragonforce and up and coming thrash bands like Avenger of Blood.

MS - Do you like black metal? What do you think about any avantgarde evolutions of bands like Solefald, The Kovenant, etc ?

DT - Let me say this first... Darkthrone is the best band on the fucking planet!!!!
I listen to a fair amount of black metal. Carpathian Forest, 1349, Nachtmystium, etc...
As far as bands that change their sound, Im not one to judge. If those bands feel they need to change, best of luck to them.

MS - Today some kids use to download by Internet any kind of album. Once there was tape-trading to copy your favorite bands. I ask you this: how can a young jobless boy buy a cd if it cost up to 20€ ?

DT - The internet downloaders who have their whole collection of music on CDR's is weak. I like to hold the booklet in my hand, admire the artwork, and devour the lyrics as I listen. It sucks that some people cant afford to buy every cd they want, but fuck man, get a second job.

MS - How is your deal with Earache? What do you think the others band of Earache like Linea 77 and Ephel Duath ?

DT - Earache has been really good to us. They promote us, and provided us with the amazing opportunity to work with world class producer Neil Kernon. I have ZERO complaints. Im emberrassed to say Ive never heard those 2 bands.

MS - You never made a live album: why? Many bands use any overdubs for they mistakes. What is your opinion about this non-sense way of acting?

DT - We would LOVE to make a live album. This band was made fo the stage. Nothing compares to our live act. As far as overdubs on live albums... it doesnt bother me, if it sounds good, it sounds good! But if you need to have overdubs, you should practice harder! Haha.

MS - THANKS for your dedicated time, keep on kicking some ass! You can tell everything you want.

DT - I really appreciate the interview! Thanks to you and all of our fans in Italy! We hope to see you soon! Check out our websites. www.usurper.com and www.myspace.com/usurpermetal.
KILL FOR METAL!!!!!!!!!

MS - Cheerz!!!

Back to top Go down
http://skullfuckingmetal.blogspot.com/

Usurper interview with Metal Shock (Italy)
Page 1 of 1