NIHILISTIC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NIHILISTIC

Support the depths of the underground!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

post rock/metal

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Samizdat

post rock/metal Empty
PostSubject: post rock/metal   post rock/metal EmptyMon 11 Dec - 17:12

lately ive been getting more and more into stuff that i see classifies as post rock or post metal.. i find that it can achieve almost the same immensely sorrowful atmosphere, that until now i only found in atmospheric and suicidal black metal. bands like cul de sac, tortoise, pelican, etc are able to fill the void in my soul that only the most desolate of black metal could before.
gotta get meself some of that stuff on vinyl.

post rock/metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: post rock/metal   post rock/metal EmptyMon 11 Dec - 19:19

Samizdat wrote:
lately ive been getting more and more into stuff that i see classifies as post rock or post metal.. i find that it can achieve almost the same immensely sorrowful atmosphere, that until now i only found in atmospheric and suicidal black metal. bands like cul de sac, tortoise, pelican, etc are able to fill the void in my soul that only the most desolate of black metal could before.

Bands like Pentagram (Not the Chilean one) ? scratch you mean?
Back to top Go down
Samizdat

post rock/metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: post rock/metal   post rock/metal EmptyMon 11 Dec - 19:24

macabrepest wrote:
Samizdat wrote:

i never heard pentagram.. ill look into them, and tell you if its like that or not..

gabalgabow
Admin
gabalgabow

post rock/metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: post rock/metal   post rock/metal EmptyMon 11 Dec - 19:33

Please be a bit more precise... Because post rock meant various things depending on the epoch... I think SONIC YOUTH was postrock about 15 years ago... Do you mean things like JESU?
Back to top Go down
http://nihilistic-webzine-distro.fr

post rock/metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: post rock/metal   post rock/metal EmptyMon 11 Dec - 19:38

Samizdat wrote:
macabrepest wrote:
Samizdat wrote:

i never heard pentagram.. ill look into them, and tell you if its like that or not..
I think you mean this:
post rock/metal 6522_216
Back to top Go down
Samizdat

post rock/metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: post rock/metal   post rock/metal EmptyMon 11 Dec - 19:50

gabalgabow wrote:
Please be a bit more precise... Because post rock meant various things depending on the epoch... I think SONIC YOUTH was postrock about 15 years ago... Do you mean things like JESU?

i mean post rock like mogwai, godspeed you! black emperor, tortoise, air, isotope 217, cul de sac, fly pan am, do make say think.. but i find that metal stuff like pelican, isis, and even generation of vipers, and black shape of nexus fit pretty darn well with the lighter rock side of post-ness.

gabalgabow
Admin
gabalgabow

post rock/metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: post rock/metal   post rock/metal EmptyMon 11 Dec - 19:56

Samizdat wrote:

i mean post rock like mogwai, godspeed you! black emperor, tortoise, air, isotope 217, cul de sac, fly pan am, do make say think.. but i find that metal stuff like pelican, isis, and even generation of vipers, and black shape of nexus fit pretty darn well with the lighter rock side of post-ness.

Well, I don't know most of this bands (Musically speaking)
Back to top Go down
http://nihilistic-webzine-distro.fr

post rock/metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: post rock/metal   post rock/metal EmptyMon 11 Dec - 20:05

gabalgabow wrote:
Samizdat wrote:

Well, I don't know most of this bands (Musically speaking)
Me neither :sarcastic: !
Back to top Go down
worshipsatanzine

worshipsatanzine

post rock/metal Empty
PostSubject: the   post rock/metal EmptyTue 12 Dec - 7:51

I'M LOST...I like it fucking raw and black as fuck....or old styled death metal pre NILE, and punk/oi of course cause i drunk too much

FUCK NOWADAYES METAL

ITS ALL A JOKE

the same ppl that hate Dimmu these days were once introduced to black metal by this band. "Spiritual black dimensions" KILLS most bm these days, but nooo lets call them names and call ourselves satanists

YOU NEED YOUR HEAD CHECKS.....I WAS DOING LSD IN THE WOOODS WITH WITCHES HAMMER AT PINKFEST AND YES,, THEY ARE ALIVE AND WELL MY BAND IS PLAYING A SHOW WUTH THE NEW COF FROM CANADA

CONFORMITY OF FUCK

Back to top Go down
http://skullfuckingmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

post rock/metal Empty
PostSubject: Re: post rock/metal   post rock/metal Empty

Back to top Go down

post rock/metal
Page 1 of 1