NIHILISTIC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NIHILISTIC

Support the depths of the underground!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Original vs 2nd wave

Go down 
+3
Platoon
tradeforall
christkum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
christkum

christkum

Original vs 2nd wave Empty
PostSubject: Original vs 2nd wave   Original vs 2nd wave EmptyTue 26 Jun - 15:00

Just wondering which people prefer, the 'originators' of a style, or the ones who follow up on them, and improve on it?

Just a couple of examples....

Black Sabbath or Pentagram?
Morbid Angel or Angelcorpse?
Hellhammer or Apokalyptic Raids?
Venom or NME / Bulldozer / Warfare / Atomkraft / Prime Evil etc?
and so on....

Just that I've been talking to some who say Entombed are better than someone like Crypt of Kerberos or Crematory or God Macabre, simply because they were the 'first', because they were the originals, so therefore they must be best!

Is it more important to be original than to sound good? (or in this case 'Deathly'. The three examples were much darker than Entombed (at least IMO!))

and what about the people who refuse to listen to 2nd wave bands? You know the ones, 'I was here since the start, you're not adding anything new, just copying what I did' etc etc etc.
Back to top Go down
tradeforall

tradeforall

PostSubject: Re: Original vs 2nd wave   Original vs 2nd wave EmptySat 30 Jun - 17:21

one important thing is also which one YOU discover the first... i guess a newcomer discovering death metla through angel corpse will prefer it over MA...
Back to top Go down
Platoon

PostSubject: Re: Original vs 2nd wave   Original vs 2nd wave EmptyThu 5 Jul - 0:59

Black Sabbath.

christkum

PostSubject: Re: Original vs 2nd wave   Original vs 2nd wave EmptyFri 6 Jul - 13:25

tradeforall wrote:
one important thing is also which one YOU discover the first... i guess a newcomer discovering death metla through angel corpse will prefer it over MA...

No doubt that Alters of Madness is better than anything Angelcorpse have done (or will do....), but what have then done in the other 20 years? Blessed are the sick was fine except for the crap production it had, didn't like Covenant, Domination was SHIT, and they've never really got back to the Alter's standard again.... (Formulas.. had some decent parts, but Heretic is probably worse than Domination....)

I'm not saying that Angelcorpse are better, just that I can't understand why it's not acceptable to like them purely because Morbid Angel came first, so they must be ripp-offs....?!?
Back to top Go down
MutilationRites

PostSubject: Re: Original vs 2nd wave   Original vs 2nd wave EmptyWed 25 Jul - 21:38

I don't like to think of a band as being a rip-off just because they are trying to preserve good metal. You can never overlook the credit that bands like Entombed and Morbid Angel deserve, but if there are bands out there that continue the music better then the bands that came before them then they deserve a lot of credit as well. So it's just a matter of which bands music you prefer without basing it on who came first.
Back to top Go down
Tigi

Tigi

PostSubject: Re: Original vs 2nd wave   Original vs 2nd wave EmptyWed 22 Aug - 21:04

PENTAGRAM is a fine band but also very different from SABBATH. aren't they more like a cross between CATHEDRAL and CANDLEMASS?

gabalgabow
Admin
gabalgabow

PostSubject: Re: Original vs 2nd wave   Original vs 2nd wave EmptySun 11 Nov - 15:16

"Original vs 2nd wave"

Do you mean Cold wave? Dark wave? No wave... or even New wave? :fuckufuck:

worshipsatanzine

worshipsatanzine

PostSubject: Re: Original vs 2nd wave   Original vs 2nd wave EmptyMon 12 Nov - 3:05

Platoon wrote:
Black Sabbath.

Back to top Go down
http://skullfuckingmetal.blogspot.com/
christkum

christkum

PostSubject: Re: Original vs 2nd wave   Original vs 2nd wave EmptyMon 12 Nov - 18:50

gabalgabow wrote:
"Original vs 2nd wave"

Do you mean Cold wave? Dark wave? No wave... or even New wave? :fuckufuck:

I mean the 2nd coming... of Darkness.

or the wavey sea......

Never saw why Sabbatgh are so popular, their albums are all too inconsistant! Master of Reality and Sabath Bloody Sabbath are ok, but all the others have too many needless songs on them.... Never liked their 'hit' songs either. Pentagram, Witchfinder General and Trouble (first album at least...) are much better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Original vs 2nd wave   Original vs 2nd wave Empty

Back to top Go down

Original vs 2nd wave
Page 1 of 1