NIHILISTIC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NIHILISTIC

Support the depths of the underground!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HOLY MOSES

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
worshipsatanzine

worshipsatanzine

HOLY MOSES Empty
PostSubject: HOLY MOSES   HOLY MOSES EmptyTue 25 Apr - 9:55

HOLY MOSES - Details Of No Matter What's The Cause Re-Release Revealed
2006-04-25 02:16:55

As previously reported, HOLY MOSES are in the process of re-releasing all their albums through Armageddon Records complete with bonus tracks, liner notes and old, unreleased pictures. On April 28th the band's 1994 album No Matter What's The Cause will be reissued with the following track list , including Holy Moses' 1981 demo, Satan's Angel:

No Matter What's The Cause: 'Upon Your Tongue', 'A Word To Say', 'Step Ahead', 'Acceptance', 'Just Because', 'What`s Up', 'Senseless One', 'Denial', 'Hate Is Just A 4 Letter Word' (SHOCK THERAPY cover), 'On You', 'I Feel Sick', 'No Solution', 'Bomber' (MOTÖRHEAD cover), Bonus Track: 'Hate Is Just A 4 Letter Word' (live at Wacken Open Air 2005)

Satan`s Angel - Demo 1981: 'Intro', 'I Am Not A Bitch', 'Never Give Up', 'Nights In The City', 'Satan`s Angel', 'Necropolis' (live in Holland, 1981)

The following statement has been issued regarding the release:

"The original demo from back then is completely destroyed (after all it lay in an old box for nearly 25 years). Michael Hankel has still been able to save nearly all of the material from this tape with only the titles 'My Brain' and 'Smokin’ and Drinking' being completely lost. The rest we’ve now put onto a CD where Michael Hankel has done the job of making the old material as listenable as possible.

Demo tape Satan's Angel recorded in the Holy Moses rehearsel room in the cellar of the Inda-Gymnasium (school), at the end of 1981! Satan's Angel was remastered by Michael Hankel at Blue Castle Studio in Hamburg, Germany on April 2006.

Forget everything that you’ve heard from Holy Moses up until now, then No Matter What’s The Cause is totally different!! The bass part was taken over by non less than S.O.D./NUCLEAR ASSAULT/BRUTAL TRUTH member Dan Lilker. The line-up was also completed for the album in 1994 with the Rykers drummer Sven Herwig (also to be heard on the Reborn Dogs album). The guitars were as always played in by Andy Classen, who also for the first time took over a large portion of the main vocals alongside myself.

No Matter…, this is precise, calculated brutality in a sometimes crazy tempo that’s bordering on chaos. This borderline is never crossed though due to the capturing grooves that put their mark on this album. No Matter What`s The Cause is not an album that is to be listened to as background music as you will be forced to intensively listen and take notice! This CD stresses many mental capacities and although No Matter… is tough, a growing hunger develops for the maelstrom of beats, grooves and in your face grunts.

It is shown on No Matter… what capable musicians from the section of brachial music can do, without leaving the basis, and with this the brutality of their beliefs even a little. No Matter… has not become a progressive and minutely detailed album, but a post-industrial, post-hardcore, post-death metal piece of work, anno 1994.

The cover version, Hate Is Just A 4 Letter Word, from Shock Therapy is today just as then an individual piece of work. On the original tracks you have the luxury of hearing Dan Lilker playing in piano tracks for the first ever time, and that is something to be enjoyed and not to be missed.

In 1994, hardly anyone would have awaited such an album from Holy Moses and looking back today, I don’t think there will ever be an album from us quite like it again. No Matter… has it’s place in the history of Holy Moses as being a special album which at the time lead me to re-think the path my life was taking. Temple Of The Absurd was then my top priority but also Holy Moses and the No Matter… was a major part of Sabina's life, which was going through a very difficult phase.

Today Holy Moses still play in their live set: 'Hate Is Just A 4 Letter' Word and 'I Feel Sick' – both of them being my favourites on the album. No Matter showed Sabina though, where the rest of the band with Holy Moses wanted to go, and that this direction was not the one Sabina wanted to follow. What followed during the studio phase was the decision of Sabina to let Holy Moses rest for a bit. This bit turned out to be five years.

Original Holy Moses – up until the No Matter… album – this is what lead Sabina to take the wishes of the Holy Moses fans to heart, and to put further old demo tracks onto this re-release plus a further live track from Wacken Open Air 2005, which Sabina would like to dedicate to her good friend Jaqueline, who’s life not long ago, unfortunately came to a premature end."

Back to top Go down
http://skullfuckingmetal.blogspot.com/
Tigi

Tigi

HOLY MOSES Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOLY MOSES   HOLY MOSES EmptyTue 25 Apr - 13:12

Sabina is hot...she could be my mum though Smile

gabalgabow
Admin
gabalgabow

HOLY MOSES Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOLY MOSES   HOLY MOSES EmptyTue 25 Apr - 15:02

Tigi wrote:
Sabina is hot...she could be my mum though Smile

Héhéhé

I knew someone had to post that. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://nihilistic-webzine-distro.fr
Evil Edi

HOLY MOSES Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOLY MOSES   HOLY MOSES EmptyTue 25 Apr - 17:07

Holy Moses is sooooo good.
Back to top Go down
tradeforall

tradeforall

HOLY MOSES Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOLY MOSES   HOLY MOSES EmptyWed 26 Apr - 11:12

no matter sucked so much....what a lame album
Back to top Go down
Tigi

Tigi

HOLY MOSES Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOLY MOSES   HOLY MOSES EmptyThu 27 Apr - 9:10

but Terminal Terror rules

HOLY MOSES Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOLY MOSES   HOLY MOSES EmptyThu 27 Apr - 15:17

aarrggg ....nothing for my mum......

i do like queen of too but a bit oldschool not to say a bit cheesy...it has its charm though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HOLY MOSES Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOLY MOSES   HOLY MOSES Empty

Back to top Go down

HOLY MOSES
Page 1 of 1