NIHILISTIC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NIHILISTIC

Support the depths of the underground!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

INTERVIEW WITH HORDE OF WORMS, AUG 22/2005

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
worshipsatanzine

worshipsatanzine

INTERVIEW WITH HORDE OF WORMS, AUG 22/2005 Empty
PostSubject: INTERVIEW WITH HORDE OF WORMS, AUG 22/2005   INTERVIEW WITH HORDE OF WORMS, AUG 22/2005 EmptyMon 1 Jan - 20:43

1. HAILS ALEX!! THANX FOR ANSWERING MY STUPID QUESTIONS!! WHAT'S GOING ON MAN? BUSY THESE DAYS?

1. Alexander - Hell yeah I have been busy these days, it almost feels like I have been decapitated completely sometimes. Lots happening in terms of music, metal, shows and label related activities. Horde Of Worms are currently finishing up in the studio with our forthcoming mcd titled "Unearthly Desolation" which will take all listeners heads clean off! I am also doing the Bloodbucket Metalfest II which will happen again on devils night, Horde Of Worms will play a special mini-set too, so if you want to see killer metal and independent horror films come haunt with us! There are also two more releases due out on the label before the end of the year. one being Industrial Black Metalists Cuntworm's debut "Arias Des Vampyr" and Japanese Gore Metal grinders Throb Of Offal's debut "Moss Funeral", that in a nutshell is the current state of chaos for me.

2. WHAT'S YOUR VIEW ON ALL THE RECENT GUN VIOLENCE THAT'S HAPPENING IN TORONTO?

2. Alexander - To me it all boils down to the lack of control on individual, cultural, and political levels along with a general decline in societal morals and values that contribute to this.... really though we are on par with every other city in North America and the media sensationalism lately has brought it to the headlines for the masses.

3. HORDE OF WORMS HAS BEEN TEARING UP THE KANADIAN UNDERGROUND SINCE EARLY 1996. NOT TOO MANY U/G BANDS SURVIVE THAT LONG!! WHAT KEEPS THE MIGHTY WORMS FED?

3. Alexander - We still enjoy what we do and don't give a fuck if anyone likes it (of course it is nice) but that is not the reason for writing and playing our musick. Our music is very personal to us. We tend to keep to ourselves alot as a band lately and that keeps you out of trouble.

4. HORDE OF WORMS PLAYS "CANADIAN BLAST METAL" . TELL US WHAT THIS MEANS IN COMPARISON TO BLACK/DEATH METAL.

4. Alexander - First off we are proud to be from Canada hence the Canadian and play Blast Metal which is an amalgamation of all the style of metal that we combine to create our extreme music. We have a Grindcore approach to song structure and a definite speed metal influence so simply calling us Black/Death metal would not suffice to accurately describe our sound. If I had to use common terms to describe our sound I would say we are Blackened Nuclear Death Grind but Canadian Blast Metal is easier to remember.

5. MAN, THE LATEST HORDE OF WORMS CD, "THE UNCREATION" BLOWS
PREVIOUS H.O.W. RELEASES AWAY!! THE RIFFING IS FUCKING INSANE AND THE BLASTING IS FUCKING DEADLY!! I HEAR LOTS OF BLACK METAL INFLUENCE THIS TIME AROUND I THINK? (ENSLAVED/EMPEROR)

5. Alexander - Yes there is certainly a Black Metal influence to the guitar riffing on "The Uncreation", it's a very grim album overall as we were in a very dark place during the time the music was written.

6. WHEN SHOULD WE EXPECT A NEW HORDE OF WORMS CD?

6. Alexander - Our new mcd and fifth release titled "Unearthly Desolation" is almost complete and we anticipate that it will be available for your autodestruction in late September or early October of this year. Also forthcoming is our Best of... due out in 2006 to celebrate 10 years of Canadian Fucking Blast Metal, which will include some rare demo tracks and live video footage!! Keep you eye on our website or bug someone who has internet access to visit www.hordeofworms.com for updates and details.

7. WHO CREATES HORDE OF WORMS ART WORK?

7. Alexander - Conceptually we worms create the artwork then I search for images that correlate to the overall idea. Previously we had a graphic designer do the layout but for "The Uncreation" I decided to take a stab at it. I learned alot doing that and will probably do the graphic layout for "Unearthly Desolation". We use real life images for our full length albums and painted art for our mcds.

8. HAS HORDE OF WORMS PLAYED OUTSIDE OF CANADA YET?

8. Alexander - Sadly, no we have not.

9. TELL US ABOUT CANADA'S U/G METAL SCENE. WHO ARE YOUR FAVOURITE CANADIAN BANDS TO PLAY WITH?

9. Alexander - Canada has a wicked underground metal scene, from coast to coast there are so many great bands playing various unique styles of extreme music. To pick a favorite is too difficult for me. Though I will say the following Canadian bands should be checked out for sure: Time Of Death..., Fleshcraft, Abuse, Hellacaust, Frozen Shadows, Operation Winter Mist, Funeral Fog, Bitchsplitter, Vanquished, Rammer, Thy Flesh Consumed, Bound In Human Flesh and many more...

10. SATURDAY, JUNE 9TH, 2001. MAYHEM/HORDE OF WORMS/NITEMARE. WHAT A FUCKING NIGHT IT WAS!! TELL US WHAT HAPPENED!!

10 - Alexander - I irritated the fuck out of the promoter to get us on the bill for starters, he doesn't like me anymore... then we prepared by rehearsing three nights a week up until the show. We got to the venue and met the other bands and did sound check. The energy of the night was awesome, it was Mayhem's first and only Canadian appearance so the place was packed. We took the stage and hyperblasted our way through our set in a thick fog of smoke. When we play I go into a zone where I am so absorbed in what I am doing I don't notice the crowd but we taped the show and the crowd responded well to us. All in all a great night of metal, one of our favorite shows for sure.

11. WHAT ARE THE GUYS IN MAYHEM LIKE? DID THEY DRINK ALOT BACKSTAGE? CRAZY FUCKERS ARE THEY?

11. Alexander - They were great, they treated us with respect. I didn't notice if they were drinking or anything. They did not seem crazy to me but then again maybe I am not sane either?!? Once they took the stage thought Mayhem were certainly crazy and put on an excellent set.

12. DO YOU KNOW IF THE MIGHTY MAYHEM WILL EVER BE BACK TO CANADA?

12. - Alexander - Do not know.

13. BLOODBUCKET PRODUCTIONS, YOUR SELF RAN DISTRO/LABEL, WAS CREATED IN 1998. IMPRESSIVE THAT IT'S STILL ALIVE AND WELL!! TELL US ABOUT BLOODBUCKET PRODUCTIONS UPCOMMING AND PAST RELEASES.

13. Alexander - Thanks, it has been difficult, problematic, financially stressing but very gratifying over the years to grow the label and distro. Now the label has offices in the Ukraine and the USA! At times, I have felt like giving up on it but my love for metal and extreme music will not let me not to mention my desire to make a difference in the global scene. Each time a new release comes out my resolve grows, the goal of Bloodbucket Productions is to be the equivalent of larger labels (insert major label here) but maintaining our support of the underground metal scene from the world over. Bloodbucket Productions has 10 releases which include the Horde Of Worms discography of: Horde Of Worms, Dreams And Dying Eyes, Wormageddon and The Uncreation. We have released two full length albums by Medieval Death Metal masters Castrum in the form of Hatenourisher and Mysterious Yet Unwearied. Two editions of our compiltioan series Buckets Of Blood Vol. I & II have been unleashed as has the debut from Canada's Time Of Death... titled The Last Breat Of The Dying, you have to hear it to believe it go here for samples http://timeofdeath.net . As for future releases, we have two planned before the end of the year, one being Industrial Black Metalists Cuntworm's debut "Arias Des Vampyr" and Japanese Gore Metal grinders Throb Of Offal's debut "Moss Funeral". The follow up album by Time Of Death... and another Castrum album are due out in the new year...

14. ANY PLANS FOR ANOTHER "BUCKETS OF BLOOD" COMPILATION CD?

14. Alexander - Yes the process has begun in terms of collecting music for "Buckets Of Blood Vol.III" which will be releases also in the new year.

15. DO YOU TRADE BLOODBUCKET RELEASES AGAINST OTHER U/G RELEASES AROUND THE WORLD?

15. Alexander - Yes I do trade it is a great way of establishing contacts and acquiring great yet unknown music. Bloodbucket Productions is your number one source for obscure/rare extreme music, merch and literature. It is really astounding, we have traded to every single continent (save for Antarctica), metal is truly a wordly music.

16.COME ACROSS ANY GOOD U/G FANZINES RECENTALLY? I'VE NOTICED THAT THERE IS A LACK FOR THEM IN CANADA!!

16. Alexander - There are a few, like Treats From The Underground, Metal India, Necroscope Zine and Frost but these are not from Canada. There was Leather And Spikes but I do not know if that alive and Sang Frais is a great zine from Quebec but one must be able to read french. I know of no others which is fucking sad really... All hails Worship Satan Zine!!!

17. WHAT BANDS ARE YOU CURRENTLY LISTENING TO?

17. Alexander - Lots of independent releases by bands submitting material to Bloodbucket, the new Horde Of Worms premix of "Unearthly Desolation" and the following albums have been kicking my ass lately: Enslaved-Isa, Time Of Death...-The Last Breat Of The Dying, Throb Of Offal-Moss Funeral advance, Rotton Sound-Exit, Purgatory-Lucifirianism, Cerebral Turbulency-U$ Gravy, The Accused-Oh Martha, Disinter-Demonic Portraiture, Angantry-Sejr and a ton of other killer metal from the world over.

18. WHO WERE YOUR FAVOURITE BANDS GROWING UP? WHEN DID YOU DISCOVER U/G METAL?

18. Alexander - It all started when I was five and my mother took me to see Kiss. After that I was hooked and progressed into bands like Black Sabbath, Judas Priest and Venom. Around nine years old I begged for and got Kill Em All by Metallica and I thought it was over for me when I hit play on my walkman, that is until I got Haunting The Chapel by Slayer. I also remember strading myself far from home because I spent all my money on Mercyful Fate's Don't Break The Oath! From reading metal mags like Metallion, Metal Forces, Kerrang and Power Metal I discovered all kind of new heavy bands and music most notably Celtic Frost and Sodom. Needless to say my evolution has followed metal over the years.

19. SODOM/FINTROLL IS PLAYING HERE SOON!! ARE YOU GOING MAN?

19. Alexander - I would love to see Sodom.

20, WORSHIP SATAN OR AGAINST SATAN?

20. Alexander - Be an individual and worship what thou will.

21. TELL US ALL HOW TO GET AHOLD OF YOU AND ANY FINAL WORDS MAN?

21. Alexander - Thank you Keegan for the interview and support!!! You can get a hold of us by email through hordeofworms@hotmail.com or you could write us at Horde Of Worms - 1 Anglesey Blvd - Islington - Ontario - Canada - M9A 3B2. Visit our website at www.hordeofworms.com buy our music, support all metal and your fucking scene. Bloodbucket Productions website is www.bloodbucketproductions.com . Metal till death \m/
>thanx again man!!

Back to top Go down
http://skullfuckingmetal.blogspot.com/
gabalgabow
Admin
gabalgabow

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH HORDE OF WORMS, AUG 22/2005   INTERVIEW WITH HORDE OF WORMS, AUG 22/2005 EmptyTue 2 Jan - 13:17

Is it supposed to be on your site?

I think I have 2 inties remaining in my box,
plus some that might sleep on this board

Gab
Back to top Go down
http://nihilistic-webzine-distro.fr
worshipsatanzine

worshipsatanzine

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH HORDE OF WORMS, AUG 22/2005   INTERVIEW WITH HORDE OF WORMS, AUG 22/2005 EmptyTue 2 Jan - 13:43

gabalgabow wrote:
Is it supposed to be on your site?

I think I have 2 inties remaining in my box,
plus some that might sleep on this board

Gab

Yes please, I would love to see this on WSZ as well Twisted Evil

Thanx Gab! :hailz:

Back to top Go down
gabalgabow
Admin
gabalgabow

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH HORDE OF WORMS, AUG 22/2005   INTERVIEW WITH HORDE OF WORMS, AUG 22/2005 EmptyTue 2 Jan - 13:54

worshipsatanzine wrote:

Yes please, I would love to see this on WSZ as well Twisted Evil

Thanx Gab! :hailz:

Will shake it later,
I'm at work now.
FUKKER!
Back to top Go down
http://nihilistic-webzine-distro.fr
worshipsatanzine

worshipsatanzine

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH HORDE OF WORMS, AUG 22/2005   INTERVIEW WITH HORDE OF WORMS, AUG 22/2005 EmptyTue 2 Jan - 22:16

gabalgabow wrote:

Will shake it later,
I'm at work now.
FUKKER!

Sounds great fukker Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INTERVIEW WITH HORDE OF WORMS, AUG 22/2005   INTERVIEW WITH HORDE OF WORMS, AUG 22/2005 Empty

Back to top Go down

INTERVIEW WITH HORDE OF WORMS, AUG 22/2005
Page 1 of 1